W. PA. Wooden Canoe Enthusiast's Picnic Update

Max Peterson

LOVES Wooden Canoes
WCHA members, owners of wooden canoes, and others who might only dream of owning one, are invited to a "get-together" and early evening picnic on October 16th. We would like to meet others interested in wooden canoes, compare canoes, stories, and techniques, and perhaps do a bit of paddling. If there seems to be enough interest, we may even propose the formation of a Western PA Chapter of the WCHA. Come, join us, bring your canoe(s) if possible, and let's enjoy an afternoon together.

132 Arch St.
Verona, PA 15147
Time: 2:00 p.m. - ?

It would be helpful in preparing for this event if we could have an idea of the approximate number of persons to prepare for. WCHA members in the region will receive a written notice with a return card asking for name, address, phone, & e-mail as well as the total number of people that you are brnging. You may make your reservation by sending along the information to max@maxwoodworking.com. There will be no charge for this event. Driving directions will be sent either by snail-mail or e-mail.

Max, I discovered this site today. Traditionally I work and built small woodenboats and canoe as a sport and hobby. Today a friend gave me an OT her father had as far back as she can remember. It's something she knows I'll care for and use. I would be interested in an event like you've mentioned. I'll keep an eye out for more info. Thanks.

Back