Transportation strategies for W/C Canoes

SlikRyders are pricy, but they're all aluminum, so there are no issues with rust. They're nice rigs. Load capacity is more than adequate for canoes & "stuff" in the gear box -- something like 2500lbs for the basic frame, then you add on the trees & gear box.

As for road grime, that's why you put the tupperware boats on the bottom... OR use a canoe sock: http://store.wcha.org/product.php?productid=17568&cat=108&page=1
Can even put these on upside down, so the closed side is down.

I would be more concerned about too much capacity when hauling just a couple canoes.
There's no shortage of boats that are pounded apart from being on too stiff a spring.

My cousin got a similar trailer for his rowing skiff(?), it weights just a bit more then a canoe, maybe 150 lbs, actually his wife/kids got it for him mail order. It is alum and came in a box. He had to put it together. I thought he said it was in the $1200 range and a capacity of about 500 lbs. But these SlikRyders do look well built and probably are a better trailer then his.

Dan

Load capacity is more than adequate for canoes & "stuff" in the gear box -- something like 2500lbs for the basic frame

Back