Tippicanoes

Dan,
I think I will like the slightly bigger boat myself, but at this point plan to keep the Fox/Playmate just for fun. Even at 185 lbs (me, that is), it seems quite small to me. I may encourage my 10 yo daughter to accompany me in it, while I paddle my Chum (will announce acquisitions soon, when I figure out how to post photos; maybe, as webmaster, you could point me in the right direction?). She might like paddling more, if she has her own canoe... I may have to look into Tom Seavey's saddle seats, though the regular seats seem fine to me. I might install some longer bolts in the trailing edge of the forward seat (forward edge paddling backwards) to use it an a kneeling seat.

I will probably use my Chum much more. In fact, although I had kind of suspended my canoe search this year, after buying 2, I might still pick up a Bob's Special if I see one in good, usable condition or better, at a good price, so I'll have one I can paddle. At the moment, both my Chestnuts both need restoration, which may get done this season, or maybe not 'til next winter...

Last edited:
Back