Help support the WCHA Forums by making a tax-deductible donation!

Staking our claim........

Discussion in 'Annual Assembly' started by JClearwater, Jul 13, 2021.

1. JClearwater

JClearwater Wooden Canoes are in the Blood

The green at Paul Smith's is supposed to be full of canoes this week. So we went there with one canoe (COVID be damned). Hope to see you all there next year!

Jim and Jean Clearwater Canoe #1.jpg Clearwater Canoe #2.jpg Clearwater Canoe #3.jpg

2. Gil Cramer

Gil Cramer The wooden canoe Shop, Inc.

Beautifuuulllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JClearwater likes this.
  3. Michael Grace

Michael Grace Lifetime Member

This is FANTASTIC! Thanks for representing on behalf of everyone, Jim and Jean!

“Assembly 2021 at Paul Smiths - 2 attendees and one canoe, a huge increase over 2020!”

4. dtdcanoes

dtdcanoes LOVES Wooden Canoes

WOW, James and Jean....... I had to gaze a moment and try to take it in. A surreal image it is. I had to go back and check. Thanks, I think.
    Dave DeVivo

5. Alex Guthro

Alex Guthro LOVES Wooden Canoes

I really enjoyed your presentation Jim. Thank-you. Was anyone at the campus or is it fully closed?

6. OP
    OP
    JClearwater

Hi Alex:

The campus was open. Classes in session and new student orientation in progress. This coming weekend is their Alumni weekend. All this bodes well for Assembly there in 2022.

Best-Jim

7. Kathryn Klos

Kathryn Klos squirrel whisperer

Great presentation, Jim, and thanks for giving me another 15 minutes of fame. See you in-person next year!

8. OP
    OP
    JClearwater

Kathy,
    Thanks for the compliment. If I ever do another video I hope it will be a little better. And your 15 minutes of fame was more like 5 minutes but you deserve all you can get!
    Jim

Dave Wermuth likes this.
  9. D. Harwood

D. Harwood Curious about Wooden Canoes

Have the dates for the 2022 Assembly been established? Trying to get my calendar in order. Thanks
    David

10. Rob Stevens

Rob Stevens Wooden Canoes are in the Blood

Yes, July 12-17th, 2022 at Paul Smith’s College.

11. D. Harwood

Thank you Rob. I'm looking forward to my first Assembly. Not sure my restoration project will be done by then but it will be fun to attend anyway.
    David

12. OP
    OP
    JClearwater

Rob,
    Don't sweat getting your canoe finished. Come to Assembly with or without a canoe. There will be plenty of canoes there to paddle. And just think, if you come with an empty roof rack you can take another one home!! Brilliant!!
    Jim

13. D. Harwood

Jim,
    Excellent thought. You can never have enough canoes. See you there.
    David

14. D. Harwood

When is the Assembly program usually published? We can't be there the entire week but trying to determine if we should come beginning, or end, of the week.
    Thanks,
    David

15. Benson Gray

Benson Gray Canoe History Enthusiast Staff Member

16. D. Harwood

Thank you Benson. That is very helpful.
    David

17. Rob Stevens

Rob Stevens Wooden Canoes are in the Blood

Since this year's Virtual Assembly allowed people to participate remotely, from the comfort of their own (often distant) homes, the Assembly Planning Committee is looking at ways to live stream or record featured (evening) presentations and selected practical workshops to share with those who are unable to attend in person.
    We have the technology. But we do need more volunteers to contribute to their skills to planning and operating this complex production/event.

Benson Gray likes this.