So, how's your spring?

"I refuse to go canoeing when the dog's muzzle ices up like this..."

But that's the best time for canoeing... no bugs, no poison ivy, no people...

:) :) :)

This working for a living is killin' me. 81 outside and I'm stuck in this office with a meeting at 4 today. Sheesh.
I did get the seat components varnished times 3 this week and a little touch-up varnish and paint on the canoe and we will hit the water at some point this weekend.
Amy will begin a job in Black River Falls this next week. She will be a few hours from the Namekagon R. which means I will pick her up on Fridays and we will take weekend paddles on the Nam and St. Croix. She may be up there for most of the summer so, I see some weekenders coming up.
Dan Lindberg should contact me to paddle along one of these weekends and maybe we'll finally meet.
Howard

Paddle the Namekagon?

The first annual meeting of the Wisconsin Canoe Heritage Museum in Spooner is this Saturday morning at 10:00 AM at the DNR fish hatchery in Spooner.

After a morning business meeting and a tour of the in-progress museum building, we're all going paddling in the afternoon.

Why don't you cartop that new woody up to Spooner and join us? I can't imagine a more appropriate maiden voyage than on the very first Wild and Scenic River, the Namekagon.

Gary

Hey Gary,

This weekend is no good for me. I have too many chores to do. I completed the Prospector last June but decided to trim some weight off the slat seats I totally overbuilt.
It didn't help much. Because of the 37" girth and my little hobbit length arms, I cannot reach across the canoe and swing onto my shoulders, properly. I have to do something like, lash a rope onto the far side that I can grab and then hoist the boat up once I get it to come along.

I may be coming through the area mid-June as i want to go to the wooden boat show/summer solstice up in Grand Marais, MN and I that happens, I will want to stop by the Museum.

Howard

But wait, that's not all

This afternoon, I left my house and it was a calm and balmy 65 f. I get to my fishing spot 90 miles away and the wind is howling, it is 49 degrees and the waves about knock you over. Lake Huron was angry. Caught four really stupid fish and my hands are frozen. Return home, it is 62 degrees and dead calm. So I fished for bluegills on the pond. Denis, I feel your pain.

Back