Rushton Navahoe

I decided that the paint was hard enough so took the Navahoe out for a paddle. Because of UK lock down rules, I'm only allowed to drive locally to paddle so Nick wasn't able to join me up here on the broads. This means there was no pictures of the boat being used, - but it's great to paddle and didn't sink!
When rules allow and the Charles River is ready, we'll meet up and get loads of photos.
IMG_20210201_111942.jpg
IMG_20210201_111958.jpg

Horstead to Belaugh section on the Bure. Just upstream from the Essex+Suffolk water co. take off. (12 minutes from home is local enough)
Flippin' Cold!!!

Horstead is more local to me: out the door, turn right, turn right at the end then 11 minutes later turn right into Mill Lane. There was plenty of parking there today. At Belaugh there were only 2 places when I went passed. The BA were doing quite a bit of work on the bank. The water was level with the bank at the mill pool - it makes it a bit more awkward to get in without touching the new paint on the bank. Paddling the broads at present is great - no motor boats - except last time I was out, I waved at the the Police launch.

For me to drive just under an hour is probably pushing the "local" definition. The Wissey & Little Ouse are tanking through at present; I keep looking and waiting for the flow and levels to drop. :(

Every time we drive to Soham to visit No 1 grandson the Little Ouse looks really high - well into the trees as it crosses the A11.
For me, my most local get in would be a 10 minute walk away - but I'm not going to walk to the city centre with a boat on my shoulders!
Isn't it strange that we are discussing rivers here that probably 99% of readers here will never have heard of?

Free accommodation if you're ever in Norwich! I'll even lend you a boat.

Back