Old Town Flag Staff

jam010148

LOVES Wooden Canoes
I have a 1959 Old Town with flag staff plates but can't seem to locate flag staffs. It appears that the diameter of the base plate hole is either 1/8 or 5/32. Does anyone know where I can purchase these else have specs so that I can create one. It seems that they must be made of brass as so thin. See attached photo.
any and all info greatly appreciated
thanks
joe

Attachments

• Old Town Flag Plate.JPG
    Old Town Flag Plate.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 585
I believe that that flag staff is 5/8" and have no idea on hown to attach to these Old Town flag bases? I suppose that a screw from below may work? I have the WCHA and other burgee-flags to fly on it.

You have to go back to 1944 to see the Old Town flag pole (brass) pictured in a catalog.

Attachments

• PAGE-37.GIF
    PAGE-37.GIF
    170.2 KB · Views: 645
It has been speculated tht you could find a lot of these along the bottom of the Charles River but it might not be easy to locate and retrieve them.

Benson

Last edited:
The plate on my 1920 HW are different. I'd presumed it was original

The flag pole sockets shown in the Old Town catalogs changed over time. The one from the 1920 catalog shown below is quite different from the one in the 1944 catalog that Dan attached previously. It is also interesting to note that a flag pole does not appear to have been mentioned at http://www.wcha.org/forums/index.php?attachments/31183/ in the build record for your HW canoe so it may not be original. Another mystery,

Benson

PAGE-27.JPG

Back