Norumbega Chapter Winter Meeting!

Fitz

Wooden Canoes are in the Blood
In Memoriam
This meeting is always the first sign of spring!:D

The Norumbega Chapter’s annual winter meeting will be held in just two weeks, on Sunday, February 12th, at the Hale Reservation in Westwood, MA.

Once again we have reserved the Trading Post Lodge for the afternoon, from noon until 5:00 pm. We will kick off with a lunch at noon and a social hour or so, a business session to discuss what we might want to do this coming paddling season, our plans for the upcoming Assembly in July and then more socializing, sharing old wooden canoe news with our canoeing friends.

Be sure to bring along any projects that you are working on or gadgets that you have found helpful in the shop or in the canoe to share with the members.

For lunch, we will be serving a beef stew and the makings for sandwiches and soft drinks, tea and coffee. It would be appreciated if members could bring along a salad and some dessert items, as we have done before. Let me know what you can do, please.

We have some exciting door prizes this year, and, as usual we will have a drawing for these prizes.

Again this year we will have a Norumbega Book Sale. Bring in any old books that you have kicking around on canoeing, camping, wilderness exploring, etc. that you have read and probably won’t be reading again and we will sort them out, price them, and put them out for sale, the proceeds to go to the Chapter to help keep future dues down to a minimum. I have gathered up a few that I can spare, so, see what you can bring. I expect to come home with more than I came with.

To get to the Hale Reservation, use Exit 16B off Route I-95 (Route 128), Westwood, and follow Route 109 west to the fourth right, Dover Road. Follow Dover Road to the third right, Carby Street. Continue on Carby Street an eight of a mile to the main entrance of the Hale Reservation. The Trading Post Lodge is almost a mile into the reservation, on the right. There is a good sized parking lot across the street from the lodge.

If the weather does not co-operate and there is a chance that we have to change our plans be sure to keep an eye on your email as we will have to make any necessary announcements at the last moment.

I am looking forward to seeing all old and new Norumbega members at the meeting!

Steve Lapey

Due to the impending weather, the meeting has been postponed and will be rescheduled. Blame it on the Ground Hog.

Note from Steve:

It is snowing heavily here in Groveland, I am glad we made the decision to postpone the meeting.

I have been in contact with the Hale Reservation and have arranged to use the Trading Post Lodge next Sunday, February 19, 2017 for our gathering.

Same time, same program,

Noon until 5:00 pm, bring the deserts and salads.

Lets hope that the weather co-operates this time and we get a good turnout!

Back