New Member Oregon

Gerry

Curious about Wooden Canoes
Hello--we are Gerry and Jory. We love to canoe (own 2 of them, one new and one really old). Just posted on the History and Research site about our old canoe. Also, this past summer we spent 4 days canoeing the Missouri Breaks in Montana. Wonderful trip. We are always looking for good canoe trips and are happy to have found this group. Hopefully those of you who know old canoes, Thompson or Old Town you will visit our posting and let us know what you know of our old canoe. thanks Gerry and Jory

Again, welcome!

Welcome, Gerry and Jory. I like to point out to folks that there's a very nice little video about WCHA, listed on the home page under "About the WCHA". It sometimes helps to kick-start the passion... or explain the... uh..... passion. I refrain from using "obsession"!

There may be a local WCHA Chapter in your area, with paddling events and such. Somewhere on the home page is a list...

Again, welcome. I'll attach a picture of my canoe family. The human is Denis Kallery, with Bert and Charlie-- in a pre-1920s canoe built by Bert and Charles Morris.

Kathy

Attachments

• canoe dogs 002.jpg
    canoe dogs 002.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 519
Back At Ya

Hello Kathryn--thanks for the welcome note. Your family looks nice and the canoe is sweet. We used to take both our dogs with us but our current one is not too sure about canoeing. thanks again for the welcome. gerry and jory

Back