New England Chapter to Join

Aravenguide

Maine Guide
Hey Folks,
I want first to thank everyone for being here and providing such a valuable resource for caring and restoring these beautiful crafts. I recently got a 1914 OT Charles River that I will be restoring this spring with the help of this site. I am wondering....I want to join a local chapter but curious about which one is the most active in my area. I am in Southern VT but connected to Maine as I am a Maine Guide. Let me know
Adam

Hello Aravenguide,

It just so happens that the Norumbega Chapter is finishing up a 1911 OT Charles River Ideal for the Assembly auction. We have been working on it during Saturday morning shop sessions. This one is nearly complete, but these winter shop sessions are a great place to learn about these boats. Steve Lapey can put you on the email list and you will get updates about shop sessions and other events. There is an annual Winter Meeting coming up on Sunday, 1 March that is a good way to shake off the winter cabin fever.

If you have questions about restoration, the Norumbega Chapter is a good resource. We do gather about once per month during paddling season for an outing on local waterways and have routinely gone on an "Annual Wilderness Expedition" of sorts in Maine, Canada or elsewhere. Recent trips have involved wind bound camp sessions. We could probably use a Maine Guide! :)

All kidding aside, the Chapters and Assembly are great ways to learn about these boats. I have also been seen with that lot in Maine (Northeast Chapter).

Keep us posted on your 1914 OT. I also have a 1914 OT Charles River "Ideal" (the fancy model with mahogany trim) and enjoy paddling it.

Fitz

Ribs.jpg

1914 OT Ideal.jpg

Last edited:
Aravenguide
I sent you a PM. with my contact info if you want to go to the Norumbega winter meeting.
Brad C

Back