Linkanoe request

Mark Adams

all wood nut
Hi All,

I have a request that requires a trusting soul. I have a Linkanoe that has a portion of the canvas covering. I am looking for someone who would lend me their canvas cover so I could have a shop here in Reno duplicate it. I'd have it for a month or so, and would obviously pay for shipping both ways. I can provide references as to my trustworthiness. Hopefully someone will take me up on this!

Thanks

Mark,

You might try posting in the Binghamton, NY Craigslist. I know of several of these still in that area.

I just found one of these unique Linkanoe canoes. My canvas is dry and cracking, but complete. I plan on getting a new one made here in Utah or making it myself. This is an old and I bet you have this taken care of by now, but if not, let me know and maybe we can get a discount for 2.

Thank you,
Rob

Hi Rob,

Wow! a REALLY old thread! I never did get anything going on this as no-one ever piped up. Where in Utah are you? I'll send a PM with my contact details.

Mark

Hello Mark!

I would like to help another of these unique canoes make it back onto the water. I just got/saved mine. We will be in touch shortly. I am slow to reply.

Rob

What is the correct fabric to use? Canvak? I found a source for this fabric. www.ahh.biz
I will order many sample sections of different fabrics from these guys to compare them to my original canvas sock.
Does any one have any information or suggestions? I have ordered the back issue of Wooden Canoe #160, it just has not showed up yet.

Thank you

Hi Rob,

The original material was waxed cotton canvas. I may have a lead on where to get new canvasses made.

If you do, let me know - I may get one if it is not too expensive. My Linkanoe needs quite a bit of work though.

Hi,Mark
Did you ever find out where a Linkanoe sock could be made,I just bought a Linkanoe and I will need one.
Thanks,Dave

Hi guys,

Oddly enough, I was futzing around with my Linkanoe the other day. I have tracked down all the necessary comnponets to have new skins made, just need to bring everybody together and make it happen.

I sewed a new boot for my Linkanoe. It works, but is 'imperfect'. You may find the notes I took of some use, and improve on what I did. A rather large file because of the photos imbedded, it is not suitable for posting on these forums. I could email to a personal address. Tom McCloud

Linkanoe

Hi guys,

Oddly enough, I was futzing around with my Linkanoe the other day. I have tracked down all the necessary comnponets to have new skins made, just need to bring everybody together and make it happen.

Hi, Mark
What would you need from everyone to make this happen?
Where did you find all the information on fitting to the shell.
Please keep me posted as I do not even have old skin for mine.

Thanks,Dave

Hi,Mark
What would you need from everyone to make this happen.
I do not have a old skin at all,I bought mine with out one.
Please keep me informed on where you go with this I'm
Interested in how much it would be and how long.
Thanks,Dave

Back