Linkanoe For Sale

Todd F

Lifetime Member
Located near Binghampton, they have the 2 carry bags, the numbers match, needs a skin. Very nice decal on the bow. I do not have the link but they are asking $225. Someone is looking at it today.

I have the canoe; it was missing the bow seat and the canvas boot.
It has one original paddle in fair condition.
The seller found the bow seat and I'm running back up to get it tomorrow, will be bringing a case of beer for him going back to the attic he cleaned it out of.
Investigating what can be done to replace the "boot" or "sock," it will likely sit a while.
There are no SNs on the canoe and the "canvas bags" are just 2 pieces of canvas.
It's also missing one of the aluminum trays for under the decks but I can get one replicated easily.

Attachments

• 20230201.jpg
    20230201.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 54
If you haven't already seen it, Tom McCloud's article about Linkanoe is attached below.

Mine is in rough shape, but the boot is present and suitable for a pattern. I don't have the carrying bags nor paddles.

Attachments

• Linkanoe-Wooden Canoe Issue 160_red.pdf
    534.2 KB · Views: 70
Dan,

Thanks, I actually just scanned it today and turned it into a large PDF.
I think that with the exception of the material at the Link archives in Binghamton which I can't seem to access online I've downloaded just about everything out there.
There's one for sale in Canada that is supposed to be complete.

I know that Tom is no longer with us. I contacted Annie to see if Bob Snyder is still around. (Colleen suggested it).

Looking for a scan of the instruction manual.

Russ

That's the Linkboat.

I have the patents, fliers, a video showing one being flown in, assembled and paddled that I found a couple of years ago.
Don't have the link, just the very large video.
I assume you've seen this, it's one of the things I downloaded recently.
I downloaded the catalogs and other material from that site over the last week.

Thanks,
Russ

Attachments

• 1946 Feb Popular Science.jpg
    1946 Feb Popular Science.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Dan,
This is another one of my "rescues," I'm the guy that found the burn pile Rushton that Jim Clearwater restored and what is only one of maybe 2 Carelton Molitor's which I sold to the brother of a WCHA board member.
I no longer have interest in restoring wooden canoes due to arthritis in my fingers and liking the one I have.

Russ

Russ, was up in your neck of the woods recently, unfortunately unable to swing by. Glad you got the boat. And thanks for rescuing others, you steer them to good waters.......

Dan,
I have Bob Synder's contact information, in fact I had his address and phone number saved already, I had bought a canoe from him a couple of years ago and when Annie sent me the address, I recognized it, looked it up on Google maps and remembered the house. Can't remember which canoe I bought from him.

Regarding the boot for the canoe. A friend of mine is a roofer and suggested a heavy vinyl that can be welded. We are going to try it out using the same techniques used for canvassing a wooden canoe. Not sure if it will work and I know it won't be original but if it works it's going to be an easily repeated process. I will document it and see how it works. The beat thing is that it's plastic welded and solid.

Russ

Todd,
Sorry we didn't get to meet up.
I will be at the Assembly only one night this year, will be on a canoe trip Friday to Thursday and on Friday afternoon I have to hit Essex for my annual gunwale pick up.
Russ

Got it completely assembled this morning. Was confused by "missing" seat clips until I realized that 2 of the sections were in the wrong places. As soon as I figured that out it went together easily. I'm excited. Hopefully I will be able to figure out a "boot" for it.
There is an awning manufacturer in Town, maybe I can find someone there that can help.

Attachments

• 20230201-2.jpg
    20230201-2.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 20230214_085749.jpg
    20230214_085749.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 44
Back