KringelFieber -- German Canoe Event

millie_sass

Canoe anybody?
Since 2006, The KringelFieber event has been held in Edersee in Hessen Germany. This event draws from around Europe -- not such a large attendance as WCHA Assembly, but enthusiastic kindred spirits nonetheless. It is traditionally held on the May Day weekend each year ( 30 April - 3 May 2020).

The focus is on American Freestyle and Canadian Style Paddling.
https://www.facebook.com/Kringelfieber-179214898850257/

I am in the early planning stages for attending the 2020 event with my German family and wonder if there will be anybody else from the WCHA (US/Canada) there. I believe that a couple of WCHA members have attended in the past (Nick Dennis and Greg Spencer of UK, I think) but wonder if others might be attending.

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing that to our attention, Millie.
Coincidentally, a Canadian paddling partner married a German fellow, and they just moved to Marburg in Hesse (about an hour drive from Edersee). They will be happy to learn of this event. I'll let them know, and put you in touch if they think they'll attend.

Last edited:
Thanks Rob. Wonder if your Canadian/German buddies shipped any canoes over to Germany. Wouldn't be too hard to do if one was shipping a household of goods.

Back