Jag Lake/Great Rivers Chapter tickler....

Dave Osborn

LIFE MEMBER
We just finished up at the Jag Lake Group Campground. Perfect weather...great people...great fun. Here are some photos that I took.

One is of Ferdy Goode's 62nd full sized birch bark canoe, one is of Paul Miller and Gene "Otter" Ott with Paul's pristine Willits, and the last one is of Ferdy Goode heeled over soloing in a 25' OT War Canoe that I restored for the Northlakeland Discovery Center in Manitowish Waters. Hopefully others will follow in with their photos as well....

Attachments

• number62.jpg
    number62.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 519
  • willits.jpg
    willits.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 521
  • soloferd.jpg
    soloferd.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 522
Beautiful weather and wonderful people made for a great time on a pristine lake in Northern Wi. Hope to see you all at next years event:cool: http://picasaweb.google.com/beaverferd/JAGLAKE2009#
Dave Osborn said:
We just finished up at the Jag Lake Group Campground. Perfect weather...great people...great fun. Here are some photos that I took.

One is of Ferdy Goode's 62nd full sized birch bark canoe, one is of Paul Miller and Gene "Otter" Ott with Paul's pristine Willits, and the last one is of Ferdy Goode heeled over soloing in a 25' OT War Canoe that I restored for the Northlakeland Discovery Center in Manitowish Waters. Hopefully others will follow in with their photos as well....

Great pictures, Ferdy... I especially like the last one, with the raised-paddle-salute and the dog saluting with a raised ear!

International publicity!

The following link sends you to a nice article about the event published in the Lakeland Times of Wisconsin.

This is a great idea to involve local media to get the word out about the upcoming event and a follow-up like this to let people know how much fun we have.

http://www.lakelandtimes.com/main.asp?SectionID=13&SubSectionID=13&ArticleID=10211&TM=25455.62

I would like to prompt those people who took additional pictures at the event to please post some of those pictures. I don't want to single anyone out, but Peter and Gene need to get that done.

Thanks,

Paul

Soloing War Canoe

Fellow member John Sprinkman was kind enough to send his photo of a war canoe being paddled solo. That was the biggest canoe I have ever paddled solo:cool:

beaver

Attachments

• WCHA.War Canoejpg.jpg
    WCHA.War Canoejpg.jpg
    876.6 KB · Views: 509
Thanks for posting pics guys, sure wish I could be there.

Peter, is that wide board the one you got from Ketter?

And Ferdy, you are one daring guy, hope there wasn't too much wind to blow that 25 ft'er around.

And more pics please.

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited:
Back