Increased activity

Stuck at home and the canoe ready to go. Too cold to work on the trailer today so the forum will have to do.

Craig,
Stuck at home you say. Ha, I'm essential here at work on my lunch now and I have a new part time job as well. I'm now a school teacher for the majority of the week. Busier then ever but still manage to work a few hours a week on the current restoration. I do agree that working on current restorations/ researching here is better then sitting in front of the TV and watching sports for everyone.
Zack

I am not complaining. Im retired and live on 100 acres in a sparsely populated county. I have never been very social so life has changed very little for me but for some reason I seem to be getting more done in the shop than ever before. I have 4 canoes in different stages of restoration, am finishing a wanigan I made at assembly, and started making a new paddle today.

It’s no bad thing. I always believe that this forum is an underused resource. For years I and other WCHA-UK members have blogged our repairs and restorations on the Song of the Paddle forum. Here is Sam Browning’s latest https://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/a-bit-of-a-project-to-keep-me-out-of-trouble-in-th-t57650.html
The idea is to share thoughts and techniques for the benefit of all and as they say “a photo saves a thousand words”.
With is all at home and with more time on our hands there is the opportunity for more to show us what is going on in their workshop.
Stay well and stay safe. Week 7 of lockdown here in the U.K. my lawn has never been shorted, my paddles oiled until they will accept no more and the hound walked further than he probably wishes!
Nick

Back