Guideboat Hardware Needed

Charger

Woodworker
Hey Everyone, I was just given a commission to build a 16' Guideboat. When I built mine 5 years ago I bought the oar locks from a company in Penn. I thought the name of it was The Beverboat Works. Unfortunately I can't find it anywhere on the net. Can anyone help me out here? Or can you give me the best priced place to get them?
Thanks Guys.

I'm sure you're aware that Shaw & Tenney sells reproductions. They are polished, non-plated bronze, and they cost $90 per pair of straps or $300 for two pairs of straps and two pins.

[video]https://adirondack-guide-boat.com/product/oarlock-strap/[/video]Guideboat@together.net or by calling 802-425-3926

Justin’s cell: 802-793-3285

Ian’s cell: 802-318-7882

Our address: 6821 US Route 7, North Ferrisburgh, VT 05473

Charger
I am sure you have found hardware by now. But for your future needs if your interested I have started casting guideboat hardware and can offer a better deal than S&T
My web site is www.adkrowboats.com
Let me know if I can help.

Hey all, have been working with Christopher Woodward up in Saranac Lake, NY to document and reproduce some guideboat hardware. I have a small foundry and machine shop and can cast hardware. I am interested in the hinges and other guideboat hardware. I would like to document and remake some of the original hardware that is unavailable. Woodward Boatshop has my straps and pins which are the best you can now buy. I make them from silicon brass with a very accurate fit and a hardened stainless shaft instead of the iron or bronze shaft that will wear quickly. I am looking for pictures of different hardware types for future reproduction. I have a turn of the century Albert Billings guideboat that has been recently restored by Christopher.

Kyle, what type of casting are you doing. I have an early canoe makers bronze tag about 3/4 x 2-1/2 with very small detail in the field and lettering. Good to have you out there. Dave

Kyle
I have been reproducing Guideboat hardware myself and have several designs that I have collected over the years. I have a foundry as well. Would be happy to help if I can.

Back