Greenwood Water Craft

(Moved from KnowledgeBase to Research and History)

You will find more using the Search function.

Dan[/QUOTE]

Dan
I just bought a 15' Greenwood. I know little about it, except that it is quite beautiful and crafted in the Pacific Northwest with largely local materials, by a builder reputed to be a fine craftsman. I didn't want to ask for ID help until I had exhausted other resources.

So I did search, Dan. And I found the very thread you mentioned as an example and a few others. It was limited, but helpful. You can be sure that I copied every tidbit. None of the other threads offered much at all. So I asked. In what appeared to be a forum dedicated to manufacturers. I didn't think that it meant living manufacturers, or East Coast manufacturers. I thought it meant historical manufacturers. How is it that Bill Greenwood doesn't qualify?

It is too bad that that is all the accumulated lore about Greenwood Water Craft on the site, but as one source not from this site commented, there is not much info out there. I had hoped for more; thought Greenwood might be worthy of more. So I asked.

I am sorry to have offended, and to have made you Cranky, Dan, but here's a vote to allow Bill Greenwood into the club.

And thank you, sincerely, for the time and expertise you bring to this site. This is an amazing place.

Steve

Didn't mean to offend you - the Forums are the proper place to ask questions. The KnowledgeBase is the place to put accumulated knowledge. It is where the answers go, not the questions...

In other words, when someone distills all the information about Greenwood into a summary article, then they are welcome to post it to the KnowledgeBase. Take a look at the other entries therein to see what I mean.

Dan,
No offense taken at all. Your rather perfunctory response, however, made me feel it necessary to explain myself before I ventured again to ask for information. And it set you up nicely for the "Cranky Dan" conclusion, which was fun to work in.

Give me a few months, and I'll share what I have found about Greenwood. If it's worthy enough you can post it on the Manufacturers wing. Until then, I hope that any who stop here piqued by the Greenwood name on the thread, will share what bits or volumes of lore they may have.

Steve

By all means, collect the information and put a page together. I can assist with formatting and images, if neccessary - the KnowledgeBase works a bit differently than the Forums.

I just pulled my Greenwood folder, and there is some things in there you might find interesting. I will scan them and email them to you.

Oh, and the cranky part, that is hard earned... :rolleyes:

Back