Finally got my 'nut wet!

ken mueller

Canton, Ohio
I had been waiting for a calm, sunny day to christen my chestnut pal. It took about 2 years to rebuild her, a little here, a little there. She floats like a feather on the water! Thanks to all you guys and gals at wcha for contributing and answering questions, whether you know it or not. A lot of hints I got were just from reading other peoples' forums. Going to take a break and do some fishing before I get into my next project. Thanks again to all! Ken.

pictures

Thanks... It's not perfect, but it floats! Here are some before/after pictures.

Attachments

• pal 004.jpg
    pal 004.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 626
  • pal 003.jpg
    pal 003.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 647
  • chestnut canoe 001.jpg
    chestnut canoe 001.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 621
  • chestnut canoe 010.jpg
    chestnut canoe 010.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 641
Congratulations!

Looks good Ken...

I have a "Pal" and it's a great boat. I'm just north of you, in fact family from North Canton, grew up in Cuyahoga Falls, now in Cleveland. I paddle Mogadore, Lake Hodgson, LaDue and the Cuyahoga River. Again, nice work and maybe we can run across each other on the water.

Regards,

Ric

Nice job! I live down in Cadiz about an hour south of you. I finished my Pal about a year ago and love it. Sometime you ought to bring her down here and try our lakes. Clendening and Piedmont are nice lakes to paddle (10 horse limit.) Maybe that way I could get at look at her in person.

Happy paddling!!

Ric Altfather said:
Looks good Ken...

I have a "Pal" and it's a great boat. I'm just north of you, in fact family from North Canton, grew up in Cuyahoga Falls, now in Cleveland. I paddle Mogadore, Lake Hodgson, LaDue and the Cuyahoga River. Again, nice work and maybe we can run across each other on the water.

Regards,

Ric
Thanks, Ric. Actually I was at Mogadore yesterday.

Andy Hutyera said:
Nice job! I live down in Cadiz about an hour south of you. I finished my Pal about a year ago and love it. Sometime you ought to bring her down here and try our lakes. Clendening and Piedmont are nice lakes to paddle (10 horse limit.) Maybe that way I could get at look at her in person.

Happy paddling!!
Yes, I've been to clendening, although it was a few (quite a few) years ago while in the boy scouts.

Back