Attention WCHA Member-Builders RE: Changes to Builders Directory

Dan Miller

cranky canoeist
Staff member
I just want to remind our member-builders about changes to the WCHA Builders and Suppliers Directory (http://www.wcha.org/buildsupply/):

First, look for the Directory to be printed annually in the February issue of Wooden Canoe. This used to be done years ago, and we feel a return to this tradition is valuable for both our members and our builders. This will be part of the upcoming February 2012 issue and will include all builders whose Directory accounts were in good standing for 2011.

Beginning this month (January 2012) we now have a new membership category called "Builder-Member." Membership at this level will include listing in the Directory both online and in the journal. The dues for this level have not changed from previously, but now you will need to only make one payment each year instead of two as previously. Dues for this membership level are outlined on the Membership page: http://www.wcha.org/membership/

If you are a builder, but not yet a member of WCHA or are a member that is not currently listed in the Directory, I encourage you to join at this level - it is one of the most cost-effective ways to reach your potential market.

If you are currently listed in the Directory, we will be contacting you as your WCHA membership comes due - please be sure to renew at the new membership level. Because some of you have renewals for each that are not in sync, we will work with you to make this transition as easy as possible. If you have any questions about when your renewals would be due, do not hesitate to contact myself or Annie Burke.

If you happen to be a Life Member (and we thank you if you are!), your annual listing in the directory will remain $30US, and reminders will be sent as they are due.

Lastly, we are working on a new version of the online Builders Directory that will allow for more interactive searching, a feature that I believe will enhance the usability of our already great Directory.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them below or send them to me by private message or email.

Dan

Back