Assembly Thanks!

Cliff Ober

Enthusiastic about Wooden Canoes
To all of those who made this year's assembly happen, please accept our thanks for your efforts. We had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the activities, exhibits, and most of all meeting and talking with so many wonderful people.

It's a very special event and so well done. Congratulations!

We're already looking forward to next year...

Cliff and Monica Ober

You're welcome, Cliff. It was great to meet you.

The Assembly has many contributors, which includes the Assembly Coordinating Committee;
Executive Director; Annie Burke (Accommodation & Meals, Registration, Finances, Logistics and Liaison with PSC)
Program Coordinator; Rob Stevens (also Promotion and Media Relations, with assistance from Dan Miller, John Quenell, etc.)
Auction & Raffle; Andre Cloutier, Fran Sienkiewicz and several volunteers
Sheriff of Cedar City; vendors and displays (vacant)
Construction (vacant)
Assembly Quilt Raffle; Janet Isabelle, Fran Sienkiewicz and many contributors of squares
Children’s Program; Mary Gauld, Lilie Welych et. al.
Camping, Crafts & Fun (vacant)
Local Interests/Attractions & Excursions (vacant)
WCHA Store; Jeannie Griffin-Greene & numerous volunteers
Resident IT geek/AV support, Benson Gray
Wooden Canoe Journal Editor & Webmaster; Dan Miller
WCHA Calendar; Lew Markle
Paddle By & Salute; Al Sienkiewicz (MC) and other volunteers (wrangler, safety, etc.)

Paddling Instruction; Caleb Davis, Kim Gass, etc.
Paddle Carving; Caleb Davis, Geoffrey Burke

The Board of Directors provide direction and support in a variety of areas, including programming, membership, Chapters, Liaison with Builders, etc.

And did I mention numerous volunteers? Debbie & Mike Darga have helped with Registration for about a quarter century! Some Chapters (Chapter One, Norumbega and Upper Chesapeake) step and handle particular volunteer slots year after year. Mark and Ruth Zalonis help out with a variety of programming year after year.

It takes input from a lot of people (some of whom I will have mistaken in not naming specifically), for whom I am very thankful.
And there are opportunities for new folks to get involved
(see "vacant" above).
We are open to new ideas with regard to programming, structure, etc.

Last edited:
Back