Assembly non-goers

Even worse, I am at work....:(

... though one may argue how hard I am actually working if I am responding to this post...

For us in MN, not going to the Assembly is the norm, not the exception.
If I were to go to any, it would be the Upper Midwest version, and I have only gone there once.

Dan

Dan,
I prefer "standard" in stead of "norm" myself. o_O
It is a long ways away. I'm in Tennessee. I had plans to go but it didn't work out

Bourbon....I had a few minutes to work on a canoe today, shot a few arrows and grilled some Bambi for dinner. No sorrow at all...

Home here on the Eastern Shore, where it is very hot and humid. Turned on AC in my shop yesterday, which I seldom do.

Wish we were in the Adirondacks!

Matt

Wish we had your weather!
Cool and rainy in Northern Alberta....

Yes, making it to assembly is a challenge from this part of the world- especially if you want to bring a canoe! I did make it last year for the Chestnut celebration when a number of things came together- including the fact it was just an hour from my parents ( killed 2 birds with one stone!)

I'll have to wait for the reports and the photos!
Bruce

A beautiful day at Paul Smiths college. Heard Rollin Thurlow and Mike Elliott talk last night. Around 30 Centenarian canoes laid out on the green, and many dozens more not that old. Wish you were here.
STH72347.JPG

Thanks Tom...for rubbing it in...:(

I was disappointed Mike Elliott didn't make last years Assembly- I was looking forward to his talk.

We're with you at Paul Smiths in spirit, if not in person.

Keep the pictures coming!

Bruce

Couldn't make it up from Georgia. Decided to hold my own assembly in the backyard as I poured a new concrete slab under my porch. By the way there are three 100+ year canoes in this photo. Sorry make that two centenarian canoes, the second Morris is hiding behind the rhododendron to the right of the photo

backyard.jpg

Last edited:
Combining my wife's age and mine we are over a century old so we will celibate the centenarian assembly with a centenarian float tonight.
Don't tell he I gave away her age......

Not to point to fine a point on it Norm but "celibate"?

I'm sure hoping that's not the case and you actually meant "celebrate".

Just saying...

Bruce:)

Back