2022 Assembly Program

Rob Stevens

Wooden Canoes are in the Blood
Well, folks, here it is, the planned program for this summer, live at Paul Smith's College (final time for this venue as PSC has informed us they will no longer host summer conferences after this year).
Online registration will open 25th. Anyone who needs assistance can call ED Annie Burke.

Attachments

• 2022 FINAL Assembly Program Descriptions.pdf
    261.1 KB · Views: 274
  • Assembly 2022 Schedule FINAL.pdf
    311.5 KB · Views: 214
Updated Program;

Attachments

261.1 KB · Views: 170
    311.7 KB · Views: 183
Rob, is there a way to see which builders/suppliers may be coming to the Assembly aside from contacting each of them? Reason I ask is about ordering and buying supplies there vs paying for shipping. Looking forward to my first Assembly and appreciate any insight or advice.

I'm not Rob but would strongly encourage you to contact any builder/supplier in advance to make sure that they bring the things you want to the Assembly.

Benson

Thanks Benson! Looking forward to my first Assembly, did not know how often suppliers attended etc. Will reach out to each.

Latest update to the Assembly Program.
We have added a dedicated tent to display the Tom MacKenzie Special Exhibit provided by the Wisconsin Canoe Heritage Museum (thanks to Jed Malischke and David Yost), along with a tour of a selection of Tom's Loon Works & birchark canoes guided by Dave Yost and Alex Comb (among other friends, relatives and canoe historians).

Attachments

263.8 KB · Views: 133
    312.8 KB · Views: 138
Some more tweaks, including addition of an Early Bird "Tour of White Pine Camp" on Tuesday (Assembly begins at 1PM).

Attachments

259.5 KB · Views: 154
    312.9 KB · Views: 175
Thanks Benson! Looking forward to my first Assembly, did not know how often suppliers attended etc. Will reach out to each.
Here is a list of builders registered as vendors so far;

Geoff Burke, Chocorua Boat Works/Epifanes Marine Finishes
Al Bratton, Woodstrip Watercraft Co.
Dan Miller, Dragonfly Canoe Works/Wooden Canoe Museum
Alex Comb, Steward River Boatworks
Bob Lavertue; Bristol Bronze

Bob Henderson, author/ed., latest; "Paddling Pathways; Reflections from a Changing Landscape"
Roger Young, author, "Little things that matter: Collecting antique factory sample canoes"

Also,
Daniel Bailey, artist
Wayne Lutz
Ted Michel
Lynn Vesley-Gross
Jack Burcher
Stu Fall

Hi Rob and all,
With regard to the dedicated tent for Tom Mackenzie’s Loon Works canoes: I’ll be bringing a Button and would like to include it in the display if possible.
I need assistance with a set of display horses as I have none.
This Button is the first one he did with a sheer plank, and is trimmed in butternut. Am excited to return to the assembly. Sue Plankis

We have had several offers of display stands for Sue's Loon Works canoe.
Anyone coming to Assembly that has some we can borrow for the Tom MacKenzie/Loon Works Special Display would be appreciated.

For those planning to participate in the Assembly Early Bird Tour of the Warehouse Collection (Tuesday, July 12th from 10:15 to -11:15 AM) at the Adirondack Experience (formerly ADK Museum), they also have a special exhibit highlighting the pack canoe featuring 8 antique wooden pack canoes from builders such as Rushton, Harry Green, A. Bain & Co, Herbert Sprague, and guideboat builders Lewis Austin, Willard Hanmer, and Merle Austin.
https://www.theadkx.org/

Back