40th Anniversary Reunion At 2019 Annual Assembly

Rob Stevens

Wooden Canoes are in the Blood
40th Anniversary Assembly July 16-21st, 2019 (though there are few program activities on the first day, and none on Sunday the 21st).

Attachments

• Assembly 2019 poster final.jpg
    Assembly 2019 poster final.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 507
I have some incomplete notes to myself about possible Assembly Program activities.
Can anyone fill in the missing names and contacts?

How to transform an inexpensive utility trailer (Harbor Freight) into a canoe hauling rig using simple hardware and angle iron. The trailer can be broken down for storage with little or no tools. This class will be about 1 hour. ??

Dam Hydraulics and Safety as it Pertains to Paddlers TBC???
Russ ??, Association of State Dam Safety (was this a presentation at last year's Quiet Water Symposium?)

Rob Stevens
Program Coordinator, Annual Assembly

One of the above has been solved. It is Russ Hicks who is on the Dam Safety Board.

Rob

I found out who offered the trailer conversion demo as well. Laird Smith will provide converted trailer for display, with time scheduled for a brief explanation plus Questions and Answers.

Here are the latest "FINAL" drafts of the Assembly Program and Schedule.

Attachments

• Assembly 2019 Schedule DRAFT.pdf
    239.3 KB · Views: 485
  • 2019 Assembly Program DRAFT.pdf
    196.1 KB · Views: 492
For those interested in solo paddling and/or "freestyle", we have had two Tom MacKenzie-built boats donated for auction at Assembly.

For those who may be interested, two Tom MacKenzie-built canoes (not sure of the length or models) have been donated to the WCHA for our annual fundraising auction & raffle at Assembly. These should be of interest to the freestyle or solo paddling participants. The auction will be held 2PM on Saturday, July 20th.

Also, Joe Spadaro of Lake Street Boatworks, Saranac Lake, will demonstrated traditional methods for ADK guideboat construction all day Wednesday, at his booth on the Green. Q&A and discussion welcome.

Nick Dennis, Head of the UK Chapter, is unable to attend Assembly this year. He still went above and beyond commissioning this Sterling silver key chain to contribute to the auction. Bravo, Nick!

(Nick wrote on the Fans of the WCHA Facebook page; "The Assembly is coming up very soon. Unfortunately we cannot attend this year but I have sent from the UK an item for the Auction. It was commissioned from a silversmith who to is a paddler and follower of the WCHA So thanks go to Mark Jan Dielemans for creating this lovely item. Please bid strong and high for this item; it all goes to helping the WCHA.

Best wishes for a great 40th Anniversary Assembly celebrating 100 year old canoes. I am lucky as I have one which is still in use being both paddled and sailed."

Attachments

• canoe key chain Sterling.jpg
    canoe key chain Sterling.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:
Well, actually, these are the "FINAL" Assembly Program and Schedule, with a few changes and corrections since the post of early March;

Attachments

• 2019 Assembly Program FINAL.pdf
    198.7 KB · Views: 504
  • Assembly 2019 Schedule FINAL.pdf
    240.9 KB · Views: 472
Back