Rebirth of the Dragonfly Canoe ID Guide

Dan Miller

cranky canoeist
Staff member
Between pandemic and the recent heat wave, I've taken the opportunity to work on my ID guide, which I think is now on its third or fourth iteration.

In addition to the current content on my dragonflycanoe website, I've restored much of the information from previous versions of the id guide.

In fact, I'm adding enough new stuff that it now warrants it's own domain and a new name. I invite you to visit the new, digital Wooden Canoe Museum at http://woodencanoemuseum.org

Enjoy!
Dan

Brilliant Dan!
Just time for a quick scroll through but all the good stuff from dragonfly is there plus lots more .
Thank you so much for doing this for the rest of us.

Bruce

The site seems to have sucked USD from my card. My wife has already asked me "what did you buy now?"
Dan may be on to something. Imagine, a covid fueled website loaded with all kinds of great and useful information about canoes. Sweet!

Good work, Dan. It's a rare month that passes when I have not visited your pages to solve some mystery. Thanks. TM...

Another quick thanks to all who have provided support (I believe I have thanked you all personally). Just a quick note to let you all know that if you haven't checked in recently, I've been adding content on a daily basis. And with the addition of a large-format scanner to the arsenal, a lot of otherwise hard-to-scan materials should be making their way into the museum over time.

I've just been looking at the Peterborough catalogue #38. The photo on page 10. It is the same boat I'm working on at present!
They've credited the owner as being 'Lord Beresford'. He was just plain Jack in reality - but who wouldn't want a boat the same as a Lord owns?
IMG_20200702_110842.jpg

Back