Finding ser# on a lapstrake OT 40's sailboat

Paul Miller

Canoe Nut
I visited an OT lapstrake 13' sailboat over the weekend and wonder where you would find the serial number.

The boat is for sale and has the complete sail equipment.

Other that a lot of pinecone debris inside, it's in very good shape.

Thanks,

Paul

Attachments

• IMAG1467.jpg
    IMAG1467.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 844
  • IMAG1469.jpg
    IMAG1469.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 656
These are typically in the usual place on the bow stem which often ends up under the mast step or on the edge of the center stern transom brace which is under the rear seat. If you are lucky then it will also have been stamped on the top edge of transom which is usually easy to find an see. There have been many threads here about them and the information at http://forums.wcha.org/showthread.php?282-White-Cap-Sail-Boat&p=1349#post1349 might interest you. Good luck,

Benson

Thanks Benson,

I don't know if it's just me, but it does not seem like you can search the forums for multi-word searches, but you can put in the "exact" name of someone you're looking for.

For example you cannot search for Old Town Sailboats, or am I doing something wrong????

Thanks,

Paul

I don't know if it's just me, but it does not seem like you can search the forums for multi-word searches, but you can put in the "exact" name of someone you're looking for.

For example you cannot search for Old Town Sailboats, or am I doing something wrong????

You can put your phrase in quotes. For example "Old Town sailboat" returns one thread. "Old Town sail boat" returns two different ones. But you won't get any hits that have the phrase "Old Town Whitecap Sailboat". Searching on old town sailboat only returns 16 threads - not too bad - but it ignores three letter words so your results are on the search for town sailboat.

You may have better results using Google entering this in the Google search window: old town sailboat site:forums.wcha.org

I've been using the quote technique that Dan described with great success for some time. My recent search for "white cap" (including the quotes) located ten threads here that might interest you. There was even some discussion about forming a White Cap Owners group a few years ago.

Benson

Back