Alder Creek Boat Works

Mark Adams

all wood nut
This might be a duplicate post, but here goes.

Do any of you old time WCHA'ers remember Mike Hanna and Alder Creek? Does anyone know what happened to the forms that Mike had? I had contact with Carol several years ago, and the family still had the forms then. Does anyone know how to get ahold of Carol?

Mark

I do not know the status of these forms but I can offer an old Alder Creek Boat Works catalog that appears to be from the late 1980s if that helps. A quick search at http://whitepages.anywho.com/ shows Carol J. Hanna at 10511 Joslyn Road, Remsen, NY 13438, (315) 831-8263 and a Cheri Hanna in the same town. Good luck,

Benson

You might contact Aaron Turner Also. He ran the boat shop after Mike died. Former boat builder in residence at Clayton Antique Boat Museum also. I believe he is in LA. now. Dan?

Robert P. Ross
Ross Bros.
PO Box 60277
Florence, MA 01062

Do any of you old time WCHA'ers remember Mike Hanna and Alder Creek? Does anyone know what happened to the forms that Mike had? I had contact with Carol several years ago, and the family still had the forms then. Does anyone know how to get ahold of Carol?

Mark

Hello I have for sale a canoe marked Alder Creek Boat Works M.R. Hanna. It is numbered 1992 2881. Will also include a print ad for the Indian Girl Wood Canoe from Adirondack Museum.
alder7.jpg
alder8.jpg
alder7.jpg
alder8.jpg
alder13.jpg
alder12.jpg
alder5.jpg

Mark

I'm late coming to this thread (just discovered WCHA) but I knew Mike Hanna, may he rest in peace. He restored our 1928 Old Town Otca nearly 30 years ago, in 1990 0r s0. We have a camp on Brantingham Lake, about 40 minutes north of Alder Creek. He was going to restore our St. Lawrence lapstrake skiff a year or two later, and died in our driveway of a heart attack coming to pick it up. He was only in his early 50's -- horrible. I never met Carol, although I spoke with her on the phone.

Back