White canoe?

Blue Viking

Wooden Canoe Maniac
Need help identifying this one!.........Owner claims it to be a White that is glassed over wood. Pictues are way to small to zoom in on to see why the paint stops shy of the outwale. It is a 14' and "appears" to be in good shape. He claims "just to heavy"..Any input to what it is before I make the journey to see it?

Attachments

• 14 canoe for sale.jpg
    14 canoe for sale.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 447
  • 14 canoe for sale 2.jpg
    14 canoe for sale 2.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 418
How far do you have to go? Is it worth the trip to just go anyway? Can the seller offer any photos that are actually useful? Like the interior, design details, ID tags, anything?

I still think that it is a modern fiberglass canoe as I mentioned perviously. It is either the Whitestream model with the balsa wood core on the floor or one of their White-rib style models with thin wooden ribs on the inside as shown below from the 1985 catalog. A modern fiberglass canoe should have a serial number on the starboard stern which can give you some more information.

Benson

Attachments

• page-04.jpg
    page-04.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 446
Thanks for the replies. I guess I was hoping it was a traditional rib and plank model with glass over it...I have 2 Boy Scout canoes and one was glass and the other canvas...got those stripped and ready to be worked on this spring. (Both willl be canvased!) Its only down in Scarborough, so maybe I will take the ride just to check it out anyway. The "White-Rib" model looks like my 74 13' Stowe but 16' and I know there was a model by Stowe canoe called the Mansfield. I have people interested in buying my Stowe all the time so maybe I can fix up this one and put it on the market..........Thanks again for the input!

Back