What does old town pattern #23 look like?

Here it is.

Attachments

• DESIGN23.jpg
    DESIGN23.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 365
Thankis!

Very much appreciated. Anyone got an idea as to the color codes or current paint manufacturers enamel color names for that pattern? I assume we are looking at some kind of tan and brown with an orange trim stripe?

Last edited:
Anyone got an idea as to the color codes or current paint manufacturers enamel color names for that pattern?

I would encourage you to pick some shades that look good to you. Old Town changed paint suppliers several times over the years so there were not any PMS or other specifications used. "Tan and brown with an orange trim stripe" sounds like a great start.

Benson

My #23

On my 1936 Otca the colors were reversed, black on top orange on the bottom. Attached is a picture of my canoe and a copy of the build record that Benson posted. I can't say that the colors on the canoe are original, the stripe is obviously gone and it looks more red than orange but for what it's worth you can take a look.

Good luck,

Jim C.

Attachments

• 1936OTCA 044.jpg
    1936OTCA 044.jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 314
  • 120072.gif
    120072.gif
    31.3 KB · Views: 307
Color charts

Anyone got an idea as to the color codes or current paint manufacturers enamel color names for that pattern?

There's so much information squirreled away on this site. It's a real pity that we lost so much back in 2004. There would have been even more!

Here are color charts from an older thread.
You should be able to match up to these fairly easily.....if you have your paints custom mixed.

http://forums.wcha.org/showthread.php?7345-Old-Town-color-chart-circa-1920

Last edited:
Back