What do you think this is?

bredlo

LOVES Wooden Canoes
Located in central Indiana. Seller originally thought it might be a Morris, but the rather plain-looking stem eliminates that. Lovely decks, and no evidence of a maker's tag or numbers. I don't have any dimensions handy.

What do you think it is?

5N15T05J83E33G93Kec5sb3ebf0d0b4991caf.jpg5Ga5K15M13Kc3M23Jcc5s37f758a705d51b1a.jpgphoto 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPG

I liked the lack of rot, too. :)
It is for sale. Thought about it for myself, but I really need to be unloading projects right now, not adding to the list.

I would encourage you to check those stems again for any serial numbers. The location indicates that it could be a St. Louis Meramec.

Benson

Did St. Louis Merrimec have this style of long decks? I'm thinking Racine.....

Racine may be more likely. Most builders would make any style of deck that the customer was willing to pay for. The catalog page below lists a thirty inch deck on a St. Louis Merrimec but it doesn't show much detail.

Benson

Attachments

• PAGE-04.GIF
    PAGE-04.GIF
    227.5 KB · Views: 311
Ok, Mark and Paul, you win!!!!!!! It's not a Kennebec. The horizontal shear plank which includes the width of the upsweep in the ends, indicates that Benson 's Racine ID is probably correct. I have no idea whether it was the Racine in Racine , Muskegon, St.Joe, or whereever else Racines were built.

Back