Wahoo Logo

Bill Lovejoy

Curious about Wooden Canoes
I’m likely to attempt reproducing the Wahoo bow decal. If there is any interest please let me know. It’s not going to be production run numbers, but the incremental cost after the setup is not high. I’m also going to make up some blue/black Old Town logos. I have a 1971 Wahoo and a 1973 Chipewyan both with blue/black logos. The logos were different from the shop. The Wahoo being a rectangle with a clear background and the Chipewyan being a contour cut vinyl similar (if not the same) as the shop uses now. Replacement will be contour cut.

I picked up the Wahoo this summer in Vermont and drove it ~ 200 miles to Maine. When I went to clean it up I found a nearly intact Wahoo logo under the deck plate. How it got there and how it survived the drive is a mystery.

A 1957 11 ½’ sailing dinghy also followed me home.
Chipewyan - Old Town Canoe Logo.jpg They keep following me home.jpg Wahoo-Bow Logo.jpg Wahoo-Old Town Canoe Logo.jpg

I had the vinyl Wahoo logo reproduced several years ago as shown below and might still have a few around if I can find them. I may also have an original blue/black side decal which can be scanned if that will help. Let me know if you would like any help with this,

Benson

Wahoo-blue.jpg Wahoo-white.jpg bluelogo.jpg

I would appreciate any help offered, scans, Wahoo logo, etc. Even if you don't have any left if you have the name of the shop that duplicated them it could reduce the effort. Should have picked up a Wahoo years ago. It is a fun boat to sail.

The scan below may help showing both sizes of the blue and black version of the side logo. I have found two of the three color Wahoo logo (i.e. white sail and canoe body) and eight of the two color version (i.e. blue sail and canoe body). I paid $50 for these in 2004 so let me know if you want any. Thanks,

Benson

OT-logo-blue-black.jpg

Back