Help support the WCHA Forums by making a tax-deductible donation!

Tremblay - For Repair Or Sale?

Discussion in 'Wood and Canvas' started by Alex Guthro, Jun 13, 2018 at 9:12 PM.

1. Alex Guthro

Alex Guthro LOVES Wooden Canoes

Please let me know if I'm in the wrong forum of for this inquiry. I'm posting it for an acquaintance of mine.

We have a 1973 Tremblay canoe that we'd like to sell. My husband got the canoe about 8 years ago and he intended to repair it himself, but, never got around to it. It's been hanging in his woodworking shop and I've talked him into trying to find a new owner who will do the repairs and use it. We just don't have the space in our small downtown Toronto home for it. And, it's too heavy for us to put on a car and take for a paddle. I have some pictures of it. One gunnel and one deck need repair. We're guessing that a previous owner probably left it on land on it's side. The seats and the ribs -- the whole interior is great. And the outside green is also water tight. It's a 16 footer, and the model number is CCC 900 Lbs. and the serial number is LCT 115. 73. Do you think you know anyone who might be interested? Should we just put it on Kijiji? What would you ask for a canoe like this?
    I know little about Tremblay canoes so I'm hoping some our our Members will be able to lend a hand and possible suggest a price. Here is a link to photos of the canoe ;

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oaJjhdN9SgvRd8A3A

2. Benson Gray

Benson Gray Canoe History Enthusiast Staff Member

Alex Guthro likes this.
  3. MGC

MGC Paddlephile

Considering where you are located and what it is, Kijiji probably is a good place to list....
    The WCHA classifieds is a very good place that caters to folks interesting specifically in wooden canoe however Kijiji is where folks in your local area might be looking for project canoes for restoration.... the more places you list it (and assuming the correct price) the faster you'll sell it.

Alex Guthro likes this.
  4. Andre Cloutier

Andre Cloutier Firestarter

Trembay repair kit. Love that Verolite!

[​IMG]

5. Pook

Pook Chestnut Canoe fan

6. MGC

MGC Paddlephile

Tee hee hee hee:eek: