Help support the WCHA Forums by making a tax-deductible donation!

Things that people are willing to trade just to own a canoe!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Shari Gnolek, Jul 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Shari Gnolek

Shari Gnolek Have dog, will paddle

To offset the important but more serious conversation happening at (http://wcha.org/forums/index.php?threads/promoting-wcha.16320/) about promoting WCHA and the possible decline in people interested in canoes...

... and in the spirit of the lighthearted thread showing cars and trucks wearing canoes as "hats" (http://wcha.org/forums/index.php?threads/cars-and-trucks-wearing-canoes-as-hats.4056/) ...

I am starting this thread to forever document the things that people are willing to trade just to own a canoe! :)

Submission #1: An ornery Alpaca

Capture.PNG

Attached Files:

2. monkitoucher

monkitoucher Canoe Curious

Don't let my wife see this.

Shari Gnolek likes this.
  3. Gil Cramer

Gil Cramer The wooden canoe Shop, Inc.

If he eats moles, we might be able to make a deal.

4. MGC

MGC Paddlephile

Looks very tasty...
    Gil, I'll trade you a bucket of voles.......

5. MGC

MGC Paddlephile

All right Gil, I was afraid that wasn't enough. I'll sweeten the deal with a bunch of chipmunks and a couple red squirrels.

6. OP
    OP
    Shari Gnolek

Well, seeing the direction this conversation is headed there might then be some interest in...

Submission #2: A backyard ceramic cooker!

... one garage space-taker-upper for another. Seems like a straightforward deal (as long as you don't own a Pelican canoe)!

upload_2019-7-16_9-47-5.png

7. OP
    OP
    Shari Gnolek

I'm seeing a trend, so anyone who owns a lot of canoes and wants to get into raising animals may be in luck!

... though how a canoe can be lumped into the same category as a "rusty tractor" or "stuff you would find hanging on a Crackle Barrel restaurant ceiling" is beyond me. :(

Submission #3: Three Billy Goats

upload_2019-7-26_9-42-2.png

8. Dan Lindberg

Dan Lindberg Ex Wood Hoarder

I'd trade my canoe/s for that green stuff.
    Or maybe a good Lund fishing boat, or maybe a pistol or shotgun.
    But looking to decrease projects and increase time having fun.

9. MGC

MGC Paddlephile

OU/Pump/Semi or Single? 12/16/20. Smooth or rifled etc. List the canoes to start the offers.;)

It's easy to free up time if you stop mowing, splitting, stacking, whacking.....all that stuff that ends in ing.

10. Dan Lindberg

Dan Lindberg Ex Wood Hoarder

A nice semi in 20 ga would be nice, the trouble is the only canoe on my list of "to part with" is a Willits.
    I'd need a nice 16' Lund and 35 for that. Of maybe a older pontoon, that's what the wife wants.

I'm not too bad on the "ing" stuff, last year only cut the grass 4-5 times at 1 1/4 hr each time.

11. MGC

MGC Paddlephile

Hmmm...yeah that's going to be a Benelli Performance shop custom and a Weatherby 181 Deluxe and an SX4 tossed in. Not looking too promising. I don't know anyone that has those to swap.

12. OP
    OP
    Shari Gnolek

Submission #4: A grappling dummy. Who knew?

... could also provide 50 pounds of quiet, paddling companionship if you don't feel like canoeing alone...

upload_2019-7-29_21-48-23.png

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    samb likes this.
  13. samb

samb LOVES Wooden Canoes

That's brilliant!