Strip built canoe in Assembly Auction

ken.kelly

LOVES Wooden Canoes
Please click on the link to see photos and more details. Thanks to Chapter 1 for this donation!

The WCHA Auction and Raffle Committee is offering absentee bidding for the first time, on a limited, trial basis. Can’t attend Assembly? Here is your chance to acquire some of the high-quality items that are donated to the Auction.
Full details about the absentee bidding process can be found here: http://www.wcha.org/wcha-auction-absentee-bidding/

The canoe sold at our Assembly auction for $650. Pretty good deal for a new canoe. If you are interested in absentee bidding next year, please reply to this thread and tell us. I'm curious to learn why no one tried it this year?? Thanks.

I am not sure it is realistic to expect we can deliver such a service using limited volunteer resources. I don't think it was prudent to even try considering that we only had one member express and interest in remote bidding. (Longer opinion expressed to the Board upon reflection on various aspects of Assembly operations)

Rob

Back