Help support the WCHA Forums by making a tax-deductible donation!

Social Media Images

Discussion in 'General WCHA Business' started by Benson Gray, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Blott

Blott LOVES Wooden Canoes

Cinderella. This sad canoe was an auction entry at the 2018 WCHA Assembly. It sold for little money and we hope it can go to the ball again. Any update from the buyer would be great. #woodencanoeheritageassociation #woodencanoes #canadiancanoemuseum I am wondering if Dan Miller raised his hand to scratch his nose and went home with this to add to his “roundtuit “ projects?

98E2F1AA-8CDE-413C-9C4F-571A112FE07F.jpeg

Dan Miller likes this.
  2. Dan Miller

Dan Miller cranky canoeist Staff Member

It's still sitting out on the trailer if anyone wants it. :D

Dan Lindberg likes this.
  3. Blott

What manufacturer is it Dan? I am very pleased with my memory recall!!

4. Dan Miller

No idea. Probably one of the Peterborough area builders. Somewhere I have more details about it from Jim McL. but I don't know where it is at the moment. My recollection is that it was a dump rescue. Now it's someone else's turn to do a rescue?

5. Todd F

Todd F Enthusiastic about Wooden Canoes

I'm your Huckleberry. If it is available i will give it a go and brig her back to life.

Dan Miller likes this.
  6. Dan Miller

@Todd F , it's yours if you want it. It's in Cape Vincent, New York. I'll sweeten the pot with some really good coffee!

7. Todd F

Hey Dan, going to try to send a direct msg

8. Todd F

OK, I am technologically embarrassed, no idea how to get a hold of you directly. Looking to head to CT after the new year from the Tidewater area to get a canoe from a solid member. Will put on the tire chains up new Tug Hill to meet up. Look forward to it.

9. Dan Miller

Just click on my name under my avatar, and then click "Start a Conversation."

10. Todd F

Success, look forward to meeting and learning more. Appreciate the opportunity

11. Blott

That’s a great result. Thanks Dan and Todd. Happy Christmas.
    Nick

12. Blott

Into The Mist. The bow of a 1950’s Chestnut Playmate cuts the mist and the mirror finish of the River Great Ouse. Early mornings often present the best paddling opportunities. #woodencanoeheritageassociation #chestnutcanoe #woodcanvascanoe

CA11655A-EDEA-4448-BE40-592CD63F8B64.jpeg

pklonowski and patrick corry like this.
  13. Todd F

Dan, can you provide the dimensions of "Cinderella"? Working the transportation logistics. Will certainly not provide her any "glass" shoes. All wood and canvas! Considering purchasing a reliable canoe trailer for 4 boats. Any advice or suggestions appreciated. I have a full size truck.

14. Todd F

And Nick, appreciate the introduction! Will keep you informed of progress.

15. Blott

Happy Christmas from the WCHA. Have a great festive break. Social media posting will take a break over the period returning in the New Year. Stay well, warm and safe and thank you for your support #woodencanoeheritageassociation #canoemanart
    F379AC95-4C73-46AC-9955-C025B71CE749.jpeg 49AC034E-2AD2-42F2-94AE-5140BCFEEF9E.jpeg

samb likes this.
  16. OP
    OP
    Benson Gray

Benson Gray Canoe History Enthusiast Staff Member

A bright and happy Christmas to all.

2019-12-24.jpg

JClearwater and Dan Miller like this.
  17. Blott

A NEW PERSPECTIVE ON ASSEMBLY! This is the 2014 Assembly as it has never been seen before! Ed and Zach Heaton, owners of Above The World Films, flew their Phantom 1 and Phantom 2 drones high above the beautiful campus of Paul Smith’s College and captured stunning video of the breathtaking scenery and the full scope of the Assembly. This image was taken from an early morning flight #wcha #canoe #woodencanoeheritageassociation #woodencanoe #paulsmiths #adirondacks #paulsmithscollege
    Save the date for the 2022 WCHA Assembly 12th-17th July at Paul Smiths college NY 141C52F0-44DF-4B69-9E88-45CEAE7DB285.jpeg

JClearwater likes this.
  18. Blott

This is a one owner canoe now owned by Nick Dennis WCHA -UK It shows the close connection in design terms between canoes built on either side of the Atlantic. 1890/1900 Turks of Kingston, wide board in Spanish Cedar. Lovely 16’6” canoe found in a boathouse. The owner was 95 years old and had a photo taken by her father of her in it at the age of 5 DE64FAB7-815C-44D9-91FC-34B31B04A19F.jpeg EF51AA82-5871-4CB0-8BEE-783A0B469020.jpeg BCF4F447-4BF0-46DE-9638-A61B38395642.jpeg #woodencanoeheritageassociation #turksboatyard #woodencanoes

JClearwater likes this.
  19. Blott

2D492D48-BC35-421B-988F-64D522117BA5.jpeg

Brrr! WINTER APPROACHES: Mike Wooten of Spokane, Washington paddling his freshly restored 1913 Morris on the Lightning Lakes at Manning Provincial Park in British Columbia. A chilly but beautiful morning for a paddle. Photo by Mike Livdahl. #wcha #canoe #woodencanoeheritageassociation #woodencanoe #lightninglake #manningpark

JClearwater likes this.
  20. Blott

2F8AF4A3-8ED2-444E-886B-0BD986A3F281.jpeg
    INTO THE WILD-
    Dave McDaniel paddles up into the Tamarack trees on a beautiful fall afternoon in late 2009. The setting is a backwater bay of the AuSable River known as Cooke Pond, just west of Oscoda, Michigan. Dave’s canoe is a 1940’s era Thompson Indian, built in Wisconsin. #wcha #canoe #woodencanoeheritageassociation #woodencanoe #ausableriver

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    JClearwater likes this.