Shell Lake Boat Company Canoe #117 141

Norski

I own a Shell Lake Boat Company Canoe #117 141 and I am looking for information on it's history. Does anyone know where to find the records on this canoe? :confused:
Thank you.

There is very little information of Shell Lake Boat Co. and her successors. There is some basic history and some brochures posted online at www.fiberglassics.com in the Glassic Library area.

A ledger book of shipments with serial number does exist. It covers a short time period in the company history. It is sitting out in the open on a desk at the historical society muesum in Shell Lake, WI. Anyone can just go up to it and slip it into their bag and walk away with it. It has never been copied or transcribed. It may be possible that your canoe is listed in the ledger. It will give you when it was shipped and to whom it was shipped, that's all.

You will have to write a letter to the historical society at Shell Lake. I think it is the Washburn County Historical Society. They are not operting in the winter, so it might takes months to get a response.

Andreas

Back