Help support the WCHA Forums by making a tax-deductible donation!

sailing rig parts for sale on ebay

Discussion in 'Canoe Sailing' started by Mike Heines, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Mike Heines

Mike Heines Upstate Canoe Sailor

If you live in Maine and need a canoe sailing setup, have a look on ebay at #150014794936. I have no interest since it's too far away for me, but at $50 it looks like a good deal for someone.

2. Benson Gray

Benson Gray Canoe History Enthusiast Staff Member

3. Todd Bradshaw

Todd Bradshaw Sailmaker

It seems to be some sort of Leg-O-Mutton or similar 3-sided sail hardware. In any case, the brass sailtrack and slides are quite hard to find these days and pretty valuable. It might be a good starting point for someone building or restoring a traditional decked sailing canoe similar to the one that Andre picked up recently or something like a sailing peapod.

If the price stays low, somebody local should grab it and if nothing else put it in storage. It would cost a bloody fortune to duplicate those spars and their hardware and sooner or later somebody is bound to show up willing to pay a pretty penny to get them.

4. OP
    OP
    Mike Heines

Mike Heines Upstate Canoe Sailor

can't read my own handwriting

Benson - thanks for the assist. Anyone who knows me well can relate stories about how bad my handwriting is. Now I've sunk to a new low of not being able to read it myself!

I must echo Todd's comments. I don't think I've ever seen brass tracks like that.

Mike H.

5. Andre Cloutier

Andre Cloutier Firestarter. Wicked Firestarter.

parts is parts

Drive to Maine is prohibitive; wont be visiting relatives 'till next spring
    damn:mad: