Responses to Old Threads

Dan Lindberg

Ex Wood Hoarder
I've noticed recently that there have been a number of responses to old and very old threads.

Maybe some consideration should be made as to locking threads after an XX TBD time, with maybe exceptions for the OP to provide updates?

What think folks?

Dan

I'm not so sure.... I have a highly advanced case of CRS. Seeing some of these old posts is actually quite interesting...for example, the recent double ender post that was revived. It shows a very cool way to make both cuts for an outside stem splice. I had (it's the CRS, I swear) forgotten about that.... not that it matters. I haven't had any outside stems that I could have saved with a splice recently. I've either had to make new ones or the ones I had were "OK" enough to use...but one of the boats I have in queue might give me a chance to try this. Long story short...no problem...there's not that much use of this site anymore..a few old posts dredged back up are fine.

Seems like we have some new folks that are commenting on old posts. I think it’s great that they are going through old posts. It’s a great way to learn.
I actually learned that the rabbeted board on the seats of a double ended was for a seat back. I either read that in 2014 and forgot, or never saw it, which is the most likely case. I had wondered about it because on a couple double ender’s that I restored had them.
I don’t have a problem with leaving old and very old posts open to comment.

Like Dan, I've had my memory jogged upon reading some old posts, so that's a good thing. I don't see that resurrecting old posts has become a big problem so far, but there have been some instances of an un-helpful comment being added to a very old thread. I blame those on some 7-year old with bad manners. Let's all keep these forums as friendly as possible, as they mostly have been. Tom McCloud

Back