Post your pinstripes/lettering/artwork

Here is an 18' OT Guide, 1966. It was built 2" deeper than stock, for wilderness tripping.

OT Guide.jpg

Here are a pair of romantic snow geese flying off in the moonlight on my recently completed Robertson Courting Canoe. Four foot decks.Courting canoe 046 (Small).jpg
Courting canoe 039 (Small).jpgCourting canoe 052 (Small).jpg

R.C.

Lily

Here is the lastest in my group. Restoration finished this summer at Salmon Falls. Dylan and Emily did a great job. Stripe work was done in Grand Rapids. Kept the orginial paint design, though changed the colors and added the name and water lily graphic. She paddles very nicely. Not the more typical 48" decks, but 53"?...guess that was the size of the wood they had to work with?

Attachments

• DSCF0017.jpg
    DSCF0017.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 841
  • DSCF0022.jpg
    DSCF0022.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 773
  • DSCF0004.jpg
    DSCF0004.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 740
  • IMG_9938.jpg
    IMG_9938.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 834
  • DSCF0005.jpg
    DSCF0005.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 795
  • full length ebay.jpg
    full length ebay.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 793
Ken,

Truly beautiful canoe and design. Inspired design theme and photo with the canoe resting on the water surface covered with lily pads.

R.C.

Hi Kathryn

The artwork on the Belle Isle Morris is absolutely fantastic...it must have been something to behold in it's original state because it really still is a work of art despite it's age!

Dan

Very much enjoyed looking at his older thread showing canoe artwork. Would anyone be able to recommend someone in central or western NY who does this type of artistic work? Please feel free to PM me if not appropriate to post. Thanks much,
Dan

Gorgeous canoe. Very elegant.

OK, forgive me for this but need to get this out there before Andre does.:)

Pictures of Lily made my life so wonderful
Pictures of Lily helped me sleep at night
For me and Lily are together in my dreams
And I ask you, "Hey mister, have you ever seen"
"Pictures of Lily?"

Pete Townshend

Would anyone be able to recommend someone in central or western NY who does this type of artistic work?

I don't know anyone in that area who does this but you may want to start with a good local sign painter. If all else fails then contact your local fire department and find out who does the lettering on their trucks. This will usually get you pointed in the right direction. Good luck,

Benson

I don't know anyone in that area who does this but you may want to start with a good local sign painter. If all else fails then contact your local fire department and find out who does the lettering on their trucks. This will usually get you pointed in the right direction. Good luck,

Benson

Thanks much for the tips!
Dan

Sorry I got sidetracked with the Who lyrics...I meant to note that there is a Rochester pinstriper that I plan to try one of these days, Rochester Pintstriping. He advertises that he does boats....it looks like he does art and lettering. He also does gold leaf.
Rochester Sign also looks like a possible option.

Back