Paddle maker in Maine

The Canoe Kid

LOVES Wooden Canoes
I am trying to track down a paddle maker in Maine. I would like to buy a North Woods style paddle from them.

Anyone know of a place that makes them?

Thanks

The Canoe Kid

The Maine listings in the WCHA Builders Guide (http://www.wcha.org/buildsupply/us/me.html) show a few sources of paddles to explore. I second Rob's suggestion of Alexandra Conover - I bought a cherry paddle with northwoods grip and ottter tail blade, and it is an exceptional paddle, both in workmanship and performance.

Paddles can be shipped easily, so you may not need to limit yourself to Maine suppliers. I highly recommend Douglas Ingram's paddles - look for Red River Canoe and Paddle under the Manitoba listings in the builders guide. In the past I've imported his paddles for resale, and hope to continue doing so...

Cheers,
Dan

Last edited:
I picked up a northwoods style paddle at the end of December that Alexandra Conover made for me from ash -- wonderful workmanship. Haven't used it yet -- it is winter, after all -- but I have used another of hers, and it was great.

paddle

porters woodworking Patten, Maine 207-528-2106 beavertail from 54 to 72 inches or maine guide 54 to 72
Shaw and Tenney orono maine 1-800-240-4867

Back