On Golden Pond.....for Roxy!

chris pearson

Michigan Canoe Nut
Just finished this diorama for Dave Wermuth as a gift for his beautiful wife.....

Attachments

• 130_0092.jpg
    130_0092.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 565
  • 130_0097.jpg
    130_0097.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 552
  • 130_0096.jpg
    130_0096.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 537
Dave wanted me to use her Grandfather's? lantern. Shame to gut a vintage lantern, I usually do the "dime a dozen" one's but this one had special meaning.

Thanks Gil. I'm making a rapids scene now that has the canoe in 2 pcs, coming out good. [deleted] Sorry Dan, I know I broke protocal!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Roxinator played Ethel Thayer in the play for local community theater. Despite the ms she was a star. I saw every show. during one show whe was to swing a broom at a spider, which she did, but then due to balance issues, she fell flat on the stage/floor. We still recite the lines from the play. She has no clue what is coming. her birthday is the 5th. Chris' diorama nails it perfectly. The lantern was her dad's. Chris and I are going to be getting lots of bonus points for this. This is going to be so cool, the look on her face----will be priceless.

Hello my canoe friends! This is Roxie! Oh my goodness! I just opened my birthday gift! This is absolutely the most wonderful gift I have ever been given. It means so much to me! I just love it! It made me cry. You know girls, the ugly cry. So Dave couldn't take pics of my face when I saw Chris Pearson's beautiful diarama using my father's old Coleman lantern. When I was a little girl, we used this lantern to camp with as a family. One late evening, while we were sleeping in our bunks, my dad sat up and yelled his usual !#@%#. He said, "Judus Priest! There's a skunk in here!" As I was yelling, my dad was trying to quiet me and got the lantern to try and get the stinky critter out of our tent. Good times and great memories. Thanks, Chris. You gave me a priceless gift. And, David my sweetie, I love you for thinking of this.

Happy Birthday Roxie, what an amazing gift, such special memories. Now to make new ones! Hope this is your best birthday ever. Dave, perfect gift idea. Chris, excellent job as always. I would say both of you definitely earned big bonus points.

Mike and Debbie Darga

Time to bump this thread - nothing completes a room full of canoe stuff like a Coleman diorama with 2 unfortunate souls being washed downriver with their overturned canoe! Fantastic work, and it makes the room!

Attachments

• IMG_4991.jpg
    IMG_4991.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 461
Back