October Issue

Kathryn Klos

squirrel whisperer
Breath-taking, mind-blowing--- simply beautiful. Thanks, Patty, and those who took the wonderful pictures. I passed the issue around: look, look! Took a while before I got it back...

Kathy

Blown away

Kathy,
Agreed, we too were blown away. I got my issue yesterday, and couldn't put it down. Patty, great job cover to cover. It was nice to see the Assembly in color. But for me, it was the articles that really touched me.

As we move forward with the preservation of our IG, I often daydream that probably the Roundy bros. worked on our IG. And wonder if this IG could have been the one that might have convinced J. Henry there is some merit in appling canvas to a canoe, although I doubt it. I think there are folks that understand .

This issue was relationships cover to cover; Dave Mussey's relationship with Jerry, Fran the mink, and the dance; Chris Pearson's relationships with Elizabeth, Dave, John, Russ, his Dad & brothers; Dan Miller's article on the Assembly, and the relationship's that develop, are nurtured and rekindled each year; the relationships between the quilters, relationships within the chapters; 'Raising "Cane"; even every candidate for the board of Directors in some way expressed that helping "wooden canoe people connect with each other is still the most crirical part of the WCHA's mission". Thank you contributors for making this issue dance from page to page, beautiful.

Dave Davidson

Great issue!

Thank you to everyone who had a part in Octobers issue of the Wooden Canoe. Wonderful color and great articles. Keep up the great work!
John and Wendy Kimpel

I, on the other hand, am STILL waiting on my issue. What would be the chances of sending the journal first class mail, on election years? It galls me no end that something that matters, such as Wooden Canoe, gets held up because all the negative campaign crap HAS to be delivered first. Food for thought.

First class mail costs a lot more... could we make it something that gets checked off on membership forms? "Do you want first class mailings? Add $5" or whatever. But then someone has to keep track of all that... yuck! :(

I'll bring this up with the board, Paul--- delay in getting the journal has been an on-going problem-- maybe this isn't the answer but maybe there's another way...

I typically don't have a problem getting issues late. I expect them around the 10th, and that usually works. It IS a bit frustrating if there is something choice in the classifieds that I miss out on because everyone east of me got their issue 1 week before I did.

It seems that while having a first class option would be impractical, what would be the difference between what the WCHA pays for postage now, and if it went first class all the time? I'd be happy to pay another 5 bucks a year for 1st class postage.

I'd pay the extra freight on postage as well... but I think the real question becomes, how much extra work is it for the Journal Staff to keep the first class ones separate from the bulk rate ones, while they get shipping done? I know my magic wand's broken...

Showed up yesterday, wow what a great job Patty et al have done on this issue. The colour is so nice too. Then there's that devilishly handsome auctioneer...

Back