NW Chapter Fall Meet 2008 Pictures

martin ferwerda

W/C Canoes

Attachments

• nwfall2009_047.jpg
    nwfall2009_047.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 574
Martin,

Wow, what a gorgeous day! And all those gorgeous canoe! But not a Willits in sight? Were some people suffering withdrawal symptoms? I especially like the sharpening station microscope... nice!

Michael

I have been saying I wanted to go to the Fall meet for 7 years now. Next year I'll be there, with a Willits and who knows what else. It looks like a great time, and the chances of me ever making the regular assembly aren't that great. Was Carl Hoth in attendance this year?

Mark

I have added a few more pictures to the website. Sorry, but there were no Willits this year at the meet.

Mark, it would be great if you could make it up sometime. Carl was not able to make this years meet. I received a canoe from KAS Transport Monday and got a look at some of the other canoes he is carrying, he had some really nice ones.

Last edited:
Hi Martin,

I'll bet the nice ones were mine! I had 2 courting canoes, and a Peterborough Cedar Rib. The one courting canoe that was new was built by Kevin Martin. The other one was an eBay deal and seems to be a Robertson. The Cedar Rib I got from Rob von Bitter in Toronto. That one was the only disappointment. It has serious issues, and is far from the simple strip and re varnish I thought it was going to be. But, it IS a Cedar Rib. Steve told me he had delivered one to you. An Old Town? Not sure if I remember right.

Mark

Martin what great picturesof your fall meeting. Since you're the closest chapter I keep thinking I should join and try to get over on one of your fall/spring meetings. We're still making periodic trips over to Hillsborough so I ought to give you a call at some point. I expect we'll be around during the Thanksgiving holidays. Snowing here in Montana!

Back