New to me Faber Ranger 16'

revycanoe

Remember those you miss...
Recently purchased a Faber Ranger after a long search for just the right canoe. Found on an Internet site and it was close enough I could spend an afternoon to go and check it out. However it worked out I was on my way back from a week long cycling trip so made arrangements to view.
I found out a brief history of the canoe. The owner had purchased it from a friend who had gotten it through an inheritance years earlier. They had never used it but it was always stored inside.
Arriving at the home we wandered to a shed on the back of the property. It was upside down so looked over the exterior and found that it was in very good shape. Could tell there had been a paint job in its past but no telling how long ago. After my visual of the outside we took hold of the canoe and flipped it over....
That's when I knew the canoe was to be mine.
The inside was in beautiful condition! The finish was in great shape, the ribs are all intact, the planking excellent, nothing I was seeing was going to deter me from purchasing this canoe.
I just told the owner I would take it. He responded with a quizzacle 'really?'....
Made arrangements to return that week and brought it home!
Best $400.00 I ever spent!

image5.JPG
image2.JPG
IMG_1334.JPG
image1.JPG
image6.JPG
image4.JPG
image3.JPG

Revy,
Very nice looking canoe- and that is in great useable condition. Well done in rescuing this one.
Did i read on another forum that you had managed to get a couple of paddles in already?

That is the greatest reward: regardless of how nice a canoe looks on stands or racks, nothing compares to being able to enjoy it on the water. Enjoy!

Bruce

Yes Bruce was able to get a paddle in...hoping the snow holds off just a little longer so as to get another!

Hi Revycanoe. May I point out that you stole it.:) Over the years I have restored and used many different makes and styles of wooden canoes including Faber. The Faber Rangers are my all around favorite but every time I find and restore one for my own use someone comes along and makes me an offer I can't refuse. This happened 3 times. I have now just finished restoring a fourth one which took me 4 years of searching to find. The un-restored price was $850.00 and no it is not for sale.

Back