Help support the WCHA Forums by making a tax-deductible donation!

New gal on the forum

Discussion in 'Guestbook' started by KAT, Dec 3, 2011.

1. KAT

KAT LOVES Wooden Canoes

Hello everyone. I'm Kat and a new member.

I've been reading the forum only a short time, since I picked up an older cedar canvas hull to refurb this winter. It isn't of any historical significance or value really and once finished will be used as a tripping boat and most likely solo.

We believe it is a Bastien Bros craft although that is unconfirmed, built during the 50's.

I will post photo's once I have it off the rack and onto the horses in my shop. I am looking forward to this project since completing a cedar strip build this past year and really wanting to learn how to re-canvass it.

Thanks for reading

Kat

2. Dave Osborn

Dave Osborn LIFE MEMBER

Welcome, KAT!
    We are here for ya!
    Dave

3. WoodNCanvas

WoodNCanvas LOVES Wooden Canoes

Welcome KAT....probably gave you the same advice already on another forum but check out Mike Elliot's blog, http://canoeguybc.wordpress.com/, for lots of good info on canoe restoration....plus there's lots of great folks to help too....good luck with canoe....

4. Kathryn Klos

Kathryn Klos squirrel whisperer

Welcome! We love pictures of canoes and the places their happy owners are paddling--

Kathy

5. robin

robin LOVES Wooden Canoes

Welcome KAT, Hope the restoration goes well and the canoe gives you many fine trips out there in Manitoba.