Need Advice

scott64a

Curious about Wooden Canoes
Hey all,

I posted back in 2013 about this canoe: http://www.wcha.org/forums/index.ph...-with-sponsons-and-aa-mahogany-decking.10749/

I got started by removing the keel, seats and the broken stem. I left the transom in though. :)

So... this canoe sits in my garage on horses still and I am not going to finish it. I have the pieces, and most of the brass screws and hardware.
I've just got to get rid of it now. I don't have the time or money to make this canoe seaworthy again. Minimum it needs the stem laid, some glassing and the keel set. Maximum... well that's up to the next owner. It could be completely stripped, ribs replaced, hull nudged back into line and it could be restored right back to how it came from the factory. I have a copy of the original order, even.

The thing is... I want it to go to a good home. Someone who will appreciate it.
I have the trailer for it, though the tires are likely done for by now.

What's a good avenue to sell this project?
It's got so much potential... I really wanted to strip the fiber glass and canvas it but alas -it's been sitting for 7 years.
I don't expect to make anything much on it, it'd be a really sweet deal to one who would restore it. It just needs to go.
I'm hoping someone in the MA area knows someone who was looking for just such a canoe and can find a lid for this pot.

I'm not trying to sell it through this site; I just want to know how best to list it and hell, if a PM showed up and someone wanted to work something out, well... that's OK, too.

I can't think of any other place to ask this than the WCHA.
I wouldn't even entertain asking around elsewhere. I'm not sure if this post would be a violation of the rules -it's really just asking where one would sell this with it's trailer if one were to look for a willing restorer who would scoop up a wicked deal on one of these.

It would be a GREAT deal.

The listings are free if you are a member or if the canoe is being offered for free. Otherwise, there is a fee, sorry.

Benson

Back