Morris half model

Denis M. Kallery

Passed Away July 3, 2012
In Memoriam
This winter I would like to make a Morris half model to use as a form for making a weather vane for the shop. Does anyone out there have lines I can use or suggestions on how to go about getting them. I'm thinking the model should be about a foot and a half in length.
Thanks for the help. Denis

Hi Denis,

Rollin sells some Morris plans at http://www.wooden-canoes.com/plansandkit.htm that you could reduce. I don't have any other detailed lines but the images below show the one on my garage which is probably larger than eighteen inches long. It was loosely modeled from the back cover of the 1922 Old Town catalog as shown in the last image below. Let me know if you would like some more detailed dimensions.

Benson

Attachments

• img062.jpg
    img062.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 556
  • img066.jpg
    img066.jpg
    602.1 KB · Views: 606
  • img067.jpg
    img067.jpg
    617.5 KB · Views: 582
  • img068.jpg
    img068.jpg
    616.4 KB · Views: 584
  • BACK.JPG
    BACK.JPG
    252.9 KB · Views: 560
Last edited:
Dennis, with a little bit of scaling on your printer, these should work. They're over-sized on the jpeg so that you can see what's going on. Shrink the image until the canoe's maximum beam is 3.36" (about 85 mm) at station #5 (hull beam, not beam at the gunwales) and it should produce a pretty respectable 18" long Mini-Morris.

Attachments

• Morris Model.jpg
    Morris Model.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 594
Benson,
How cool! Sure if you'd like to send me some more photos I'd appreciate it!
Todd,
Thanks, These should do it.
To you both - when I get it done I'll send photos or ask Kathy to attach them here.
Thanks again, Denis :)

Back