Journal may have an error re. QWS

The correct date will appear in the next issue of Wooden Canoe, which will be going to the printer in a few days.

No, I’m not. Just making a (likely lame) joke about the vastly overheated Deflate-Gate Controversy currently consuming New England.

QWS is always the first Saturday in March @ Michigan State Univ. in East Lansing. I believe that this is year # 20. It started in the Kellogg center years ago and grew into the MSU farm pavilion. We still share the pavilion with a 4-H rabbit show, but there is plenty of room. I will be correcting a genuine mistake by re-canvassing and filling ( with a lot of help of course) a Bob's special that was canvassed and filled @QWS only 2 or 3 years ago. The canvas rotted along the gunnel. The owner has many canoes with older canvasses that I have applied ; treats all the canoes the same; but this canvas rotted far more than expected. So far, we have don't have a clue as to why this canvas went bad. We'll likely never know, but a new treated canvas with a maybe a handful of toxic stuff in the filler will hopefully put the canoe back in the water.

Back