Help support the WCHA Forums by making a tax-deductible donation!

Journal may have an error re. QWS

Discussion in 'Wooden Canoe Journal' started by Dave Wermuth, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Dave Wermuth

Dave Wermuth Who hid my paddle?

Got my issue of Journal today and it's terrific, BUT on page 24, 'Chapter Events' has the Quiet Water Symposium as being on 3/20/15. Actually, I believe it should be 3/7/15. see attached...
    http://www.quietwatersymposium.org/

2. Larry Meyer

Larry Meyer Wooden Canoes are in the Blood

That’s it! Fire the editor! Bet he’s playing with an underinflated football!!!!

3. Greg Nolan

Greg Nolan enthusiast

The correct date will appear in the next issue of Wooden Canoe, which will be going to the printer in a few days.

4. pklonowski

pklonowski Unrepentant Canoeist

I think if you want to fire the editor, you're volunteering to BE the editor... No?

5. Larry Meyer

Larry Meyer Wooden Canoes are in the Blood

No, I’m not. Just making a (likely lame) joke about the vastly overheated Deflate-Gate Controversy currently consuming New England.

6. Gil Cramer

Gil Cramer The wooden canoe Shop, Inc.

QWS is always the first Saturday in March @ Michigan State Univ. in East Lansing. I believe that this is year # 20. It started in the Kellogg center years ago and grew into the MSU farm pavilion. We still share the pavilion with a 4-H rabbit show, but there is plenty of room. I will be correcting a genuine mistake by re-canvassing and filling ( with a lot of help of course) a Bob's special that was canvassed and filled @QWS only 2 or 3 years ago. The canvas rotted along the gunnel. The owner has many canoes with older canvasses that I have applied ; treats all the canoes the same; but this canvas rotted far more than expected. So far, we have don't have a clue as to why this canvas went bad. We'll likely never know, but a new treated canvas with a maybe a handful of toxic stuff in the filler will hopefully put the canoe back in the water.