Help support the WCHA Forums by making a tax-deductible donation!

Interlux Products Used?

Discussion in 'Open Forum' started by Alex Guthro, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Alex Guthro

Alex Guthro LOVES Wooden Canoes

Interlux (a division of AkzoNobel) is sponsoring our Assembly this year with a cash donation plus products. One of their sales reps contacted me to ask what type of Interlux products WCHA members use becsuse that is the product they will donate to us. So my question to you is what Interlux products (i.e. paint, primer, varnish etc.) are you familiar with, and either use, have used, or will use. I'll send him a list in a couple of weeks based on replies to this post.

Thanks,
    Alex

2. mccloud

mccloud Wooden Canoe Maniac

I've used Interlux primer, 4279. Tom McCloud

3. Dan Miller

Dan Miller cranky canoeist Staff Member

4. Dan Lindberg

Dan Lindberg Rotten Wood Hoarder

The Enamel, but in all the old colors, not just the white, off-white and gray that's listed on the data sheet.

5. MGC

MGC Paddlephile

I still have several older cans that match paint jobs that I did years ago when interlux premium-yacht was offered in a variety of colors. It was really good paint. I have a Morris I painted 25 years ago that is still looking really good even after a lot of very hard use.
    I've not purchased any recently and now use other brands that offer other color options.

6. 1905Gerrish

1905Gerrish LOVES Wooden Canoes

I also use the topside enamels, thinners and primers.

7. Todd Bradshaw

Todd Bradshaw Sailmaker

I've used a lot of their Brightside enamel on boats over the years, rolled and tipped. It's excellent paint.

[​IMG]