Hi from Wytopitlock Maine

birchhillcamps

Curious about Wooden Canoes
Hi from Maine,
Been looking over this site for a few weeks found some interesting information on here. I am in the process of finishing up a 20ft rib and plank grandlaker, just need to make the time to get it done. I have also built strippers in the past.
I have a small guide business, and 4 camps, here in Maine, this is mostly for hunting. For canoeing the baskahegan trip, and the mattawamkeag are nearby,and many other streams for day trips. I have enjoyed reading the forums here and look forward to new one's. -Steve

Molunkus

Hi Steve

We use to have a camp on Molunkus lake down the street from you. Did a lot of hunting and fishing. I think the best small mouth bass fishing I ever had was on baskahegan. Hope you finish your laker soon they are great canoes.

Best
Vern

yes molunkus is pretty close, the deer hunting is pretty tough up here right now with the coyotes and the winter before last, but still lots of bears and moose. There is a lot of good small mouth fishing here I think that the mattawamkeag river is over looked by many, and if you get a chance you should give it a try.

laker pics

Would love to see pictures of the Laker project! Is it a rebuild project or are you starting from scratch?

mitch

Its one I started from scratch, I bought and rebuilt a form I knew and liked, I will post some pic latter.

Back