Eric's Canoes 004.jpg
    527.4 KB · Views: 539
  • Eric's Canoes 012.jpg
    Eric's Canoes 012.jpg
    669.2 KB · Views: 498
  • Eric's Canoes 014.jpg
    Eric's Canoes 014.jpg
    837.3 KB · Views: 500
Sure looks Rushton-y. Probably 1890s. Dimensions and a better shot of the stem profile would help.

Dan

A few more shots

Here are a few more shots...hope they help. Thanks

Attachments

• Eric's Canoes 013.jpg
    Eric's Canoes 013.jpg
    644.1 KB · Views: 462
  • Eric's Canoes 022.jpg
    Eric's Canoes 022.jpg
    799 KB · Views: 466
  • Eric's Canoes 030.jpg
    Eric's Canoes 030.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 475
  • Eric's Canoes 011.jpg
    Eric's Canoes 011.jpg
    779.8 KB · Views: 468
Those decks look very similar to a Rushton that Michael Grace has. Hopefully he'll pipe up. I'd say Rushton too, but I know so very little....

Yes, Fred, it does appear to be a Rushton. Many features match Rusthon- the stembands and the painter ring, ribs, the strip-built decks, the kingplanks, the floorboard shape, the buttons holding down the fllorboards, and even he blocks to which the buttons are attached- the little beading along their edges is characteristic of Rushton.

Measurements would allow a likely ID as to model. It looks like one of the very small models. It's in rough shape, but it could certainly be restored.

Michael

Thank you everyone for your comments. We might be able to get measurements at a later date. Not only did we locate the boat shown above, the owner has another canoe hanging in the same cafe that he thought was an Old Town. We reconized the decks and the 6" shear plank and had to look inside for the marks. Of coourse we found the number and Rushton logo (with "Inc."), but no reference to "Indian Girl". Here's a few shots of that canoe. Any thoughts? BTW, the seats have been relocated but we can see the shadow and screw holes where the bow seat belongs. Fred

Attachments

• Eric's Canoes 045.jpg
    Eric's Canoes 045.jpg
    828.7 KB · Views: 467
  • Eric's Canoes 039.jpg
    Eric's Canoes 039.jpg
    632.2 KB · Views: 461
  • Eric's Canoes 005.jpg
    Eric's Canoes 005.jpg
    730.9 KB · Views: 474
  • Eric's Canoes 010.jpg
    Eric's Canoes 010.jpg
    721.3 KB · Views: 488
Looks like a late model open gunwale IG. Someone removed the long decks. What is the serial number?

Open gunwales for sure. The short decks look to be Rushton to me . They are chiseled underneath and fit very well. There are no IG markings on the thwarts and the thwarts look original. Heres the number.

Fred

Attachments

• Eric's Canoes 034.jpg
    Eric's Canoes 034.jpg
    779.5 KB · Views: 443
  • Eric's Canoes 005.jpg
    Eric's Canoes 005.jpg
    730.9 KB · Views: 440
  • Eric's Canoes 042.jpg
    Eric's Canoes 042.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 418
The short decks look to be Rushton to me

As Dan points out, this was a canoe with long decks. IG's with long decks had unfinished short decks installed under the long decks.
I can provide some photo's of the long deck parts if someone needs them. I am still planning to take some measurements (seat/thwart position) next week and I could take some pictures of this then.

Now it's starting to make sense. That's why there's no holes for the painter ring and that's what the frames are for. Thank you sir and thank you Dan.
Fred

The short decks look to be Rushton to me . They are chiseled underneath and fit very well. There are no IG markings on the thwarts and the thwarts look original. Heres the number.

Fred

Fred,

As promised, here is a picture of an IG with the long deck in place and one without. Sorry about the photo quality. Twas a bit dark up in the rafters.

Attachments

• Thanksgiving mike's 2009 025.jpg
    Thanksgiving mike's 2009 025.jpg
    434.2 KB · Views: 460
  • Thanksgiving mike's 2009 026.jpg
    Thanksgiving mike's 2009 026.jpg
    437.7 KB · Views: 466
Back